Installing Teraterm Pro and ttssh
- Download into C:\TEMP the following two files:
- Double click ttermp23.exe and unpack it into C:\TEMP\tterm.
- Double click C:\TEMP\tterm\setup.exe and install it into
- Rename readme.txt in that directory to t_readme.txt. This prevents this
file from being overwritten at the next step.
- Unpack ttsh154.zip into
- Make a shortcut to C:\Program Files\ttermpro\ttsh.exe for your
startup menu, desktop, or both.
- Start teraterm from the ttssh shortcut. Starting
the program this way will enable the ssh protocol. If you were to start Teraterm Pro directly
only telnet and serial protocols would be available.
- A the first dialog set:
Then click OK
- The first time you do this you will see a security alert. To avoid it in future
sessions check the box that
says Add the new key to the known hosts list and click on continue.
- On the next dialog enter:
User name: your_username
Then click OK
Pass phrase: your_password
check use plain password to login
Remember to use the Unix password, not the VMS one, and that your_username
- You should now be logged into mendel.bio.caltech.edu
- Please logout with an exit command before closing Teraterm.
- You may want to customize Teraterm slightly, for instance, to increase the number of scroll
- GCG must be set up before use. To do so issue the command:
If you have customized your .alias file so that setup is not defined you may
use the equivalent command:
% source /usr/local/setup/csh/gcg
- To use the GCG Tektronix emulator (for graphics) in Teraterm Pro GCG needs to be told the name
of your terminal, and that is different each time you log in. Issue the following command
to set up tektronix graphics in a session:
% tektronix tek4014 /dev/$tty